.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

" Je vais faire du lèche-vitrines "

Photobucket

If there's one thing I like to do,
besides eat the local cuisine, see the glorious sights
and wondrous architectures of each city.
the side trip would be to do some window-shopping.



Photobucket

and here we were along the 6th arronsiddement of Boulevard St. Germain,
while passing time on the way back to the hotel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was literally beginning to get bored by all the walking
as my feet was getting tired already.
It was already passed 10 in the evening and the option
of taking the metro seemed like
a good idea at that time, but then,
considering our safety, plus not being familiar with it.
we took the former instead.

Photobucket

Even when the shops are closed during the night.
The window displays would light up and direct your attention to their merchandise.
I reckon this side of the boulevard sells high end furniture and antiques.
Now me, I like looking at these sorts, as an ex- Interior Design graduate. ^0^
sadly, I didn't got the chance to use my degree.
I can't stop my 'oohs and aahs' whenever there's a cute chair, a vintage chest
or even Starck inspired lamps and chairs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Suddenly, my agonizing feet seem to be up and going again. ^0^

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and anytime this year,
when I do own this white fluffy chaise and this comfy sofa or
this minimalist kitchen motif, I'll let you know. ^0^

Photobucket

and this has got to be my fave,
I love the how the linens are nautical inspired.
Not sure if this is a day bed or a sofa for the little ones.

Photobucket

how about you? found any favorites? ^0^
happy weekend everyone!

* where was this *
Boulevard St. Germain
6th arrondissment
Paris




4 comments :

  1. Merci de partager ce moment plaisir que tu as eu en visitant ces merveilleux magasins d'intérieur.
    Cela permet de prendre des idées, même si on ne peut pas tout s'offrir !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know this area well and although I could not easily make a purchase to carry home I can, like you, "lick" those windows! Lovely.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made a nice collection of photos! Soon 11 months since you were here and you can still show us some really nice shots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, so pwede ka pala i-hire as personal interior designer. hehehe! fret not, di ko rin nagagamit pinag-aralan ko though it brought me to where i am now. :)

    great finds btw. thanks for sharing. i have a penchant for interior design too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from YOU !