.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our trip to Paris wouldn't be complete if it weren't for some unforeseen events.
Aboard the EasyJet plane,

Photobucket

Photobucket

we assumed (like always) that we would have a
fixed seating designated for us.
But lo and behold, because it's a low-cost, no frills plane,
the seat selection is on a first-come, first-served basis.
which we didn't know till we got inside,
blame it on bad research. ^0^

Photobucket

It was a small aircraft btw,
at first, we were quite lost and panicking for good seats
but finally, we settled along the aisle area.
After a minute or two,
My mind was drifting, as I can't wait to see Paris already.
Indeed, like we always say, there's a first in everything. ^0^

Photobucket

We were ecstatic when the plane finally landed at
Terminal 2-CDG (charles de gaulle) aeroport.
It looks different from the way I had imagined.
It's a bit dated and full of passengers going in and out.
While we patiently wait for our luggage to arrive
that took about 15mts or so.

Photobucket

Since we opted to take the RER-Metro, all the way to Luxembourg station.

Photobucket

We bought tickets at the tourism office at 9euros each for a one way ticket.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are two options for train departure, both heading to the city.
We chose the left side, I think it was Saint Remy-...something.
Its interior reminds me, more or less of Singapore's metro terminal.

Photobucket

then, we took a couple of shots here and there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, the trouble,
I was the first to step inside the train,
while carrying my oof! heavy luggage,
and Pepperoni ( my sister) was just behind me,
when the train doors, without warning or a buzzing sound
suddenly closed and left dear Pepperoni outside.
Since most trains in Asia are already in automatic mode and has a motion sensor.
It never occurred to me that I still have to press a "push-button" if I wish
to have it re-opened.
A nice gentleman helped me by pressing the button several times,
but nothing happened.
by now, I think I was starting to sweat profusely.
Between the glass door of the train,
Pepperoni shouted that we meet at the next stop instead,
which we're not even familiar with. ^0^
While waiting at the next stop for Sis, in what like seem forever,
It finally arrived. ^0^

Photobucket

We happily board the next train, all the way to our destination.

3 comments :

  1. Oh, glad she was able to shout at you before leaving. I am loving your travel journal! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now read about ten of your recent posts and love the stories you tell. I can truly relate to this post! I have managed to travel with just a carry-on suitcase and a tote which does make it easier "hopping" on and off the RER and Métro.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from YOU !