.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

" Calle de Petrixol "

Photobucket


Photobucket


This charming street beside Sta. Maria del Pi church, which I have posted awhile back,
is a narrow alleyway, lined with old houses, garden balconies, antiques and paintings.
But what lead me specifically to this street were its nice, decorative tile designs
with some cute but funny catalan slogans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't speak their language so, too bad, I can't translate what it means.
they all look the same from afar, but if you notice closely,
each tile is different from the other.

Photobucket

Photobucket

and then, there's the fascination from reading Carlos Ruis Zafon's = Shadow of the Wind,
which maybe, one of its inspiration while writing the book.

A good way to start Calle de Petrixol is from the church of Sta. Maria del Pi,
You'd find the house of Solingen on your right,
Photobucket

there's a house number #1 with a plaque that reads Entrada and walk your way towards the end.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As for me, I couldn't stop taking fotos from left to right.
The historic feel of this path was an interesting treat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


But I should've warned you before reading this post,
this is overload!
sorry, can't decide which to post. ^0^
I wish I had more info to share, but you get the picture. ^0^

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this was a random shot I got from someone else's roof.

Photobucket

and to end our short walk,
our good ol' boots infront of a plaque.

Photobucket











1 comment :

  1. haha! lovely boots! must have been a nice walk based on the photo overload. i call it photobombing and i always do it. lol!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from YOU !